Saturday, September 4, 2010

Doesn't look like much from my blackberry camera but this is the view from the Citadel looking out to the harbour as Hurricane Earl powers in to Halifax at 0700 today. I managed to sneak in my morning power walk just before the weather got wild. In its marathon along the Atlantic coast Earl "hit the wall" and downgraded to Tropical Storm.


As my hotel window shakes, I am grateful for Earl's bonk!


Yesterday's morning walk was almost on a treadmill. Blasphemy! When the door to the hotel fitness centre was locked at 0620, I was forced out into the land of big box stores in suburban Halifax - not a venue of preference. In the end I am grateful for the lock-out. Just 50 meters from the hotel door, I discovered an idyllic path cut into the green space of the surrounding housing developments of the Bayers Lake area. Here, I came in close contact with three deer who were trying to eat an undisturbed breakfast in the peace of a suburban garden. Either they were famished or that garden held some tasty treats, as I was an arm's length away from three pair of eyes daring me to munch on their lettuce.

Too bad I thought I'd be in the fitness centre, so I did not have my camera.

Lesson learned, again.

GET.

OUTSIDE.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home