Monday, March 16, 2009

Missing a long walk

For various reasons I could not fit in my long walk this past weekend. Despite my best intentions and planning, every year in March when I try to get everything done that needs doing so that I can take some time to be with my children over spring break, I miss one or two endurance walks.

It's a problem because the walks are typically long at this time of year as the marathons approach.

I have decided to follow the advice I give everyone. Don't panic! Keep up with shorter walks when I am away. Focus on form and speed in those walks. Try not to overeat!!! (ok...that is easier said than done...has anyone ever been to Burdick Chocolate in Boston? Chocolate HEAVEN) Have confidence in the training that I have kept up with prior to this week.

Most importantly, embrace a change of scenery.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home